Click on the "Create database" button in the "Data Source Explorer" pane.
- DB2 as the instance name. DB2 is the default instance name on Windows. You can find out the name of your instance by issuing the db2set -g command.
- localhost as the host. This refers to your own computer.
- 50000 as the port. This is the default DB2 port.
- Your own username on Windows, or the DB2 instance owner username (typically db2inst1) on Linux.
- The corresponding password.
- TEST is as good a database name as any for our purposes.
- On Windows, you generally enter a drive letter like C: or D: for the database path. On Linux, you should enter a full path like /db2/data
Congratulations! Your database is ready for use.
- DB2 Express-C - Free database server.
- Data Studio Standalone - Utility for writing SQL and XQuery code as well as managing databases.
- Data Studio IDE - Adds the ability to create Java stored procedures and web services.
- Getting Started with Data Studio for DB2 - Free e-book.
DB2 Express-C Community Team