Naturally, there are also many new developer and DBA focused features such as:
- Improved locking for better concurrency
- Ability to recompile statements without parameter markers
- Ability to re-use old access plans across fixpack updates
- More functions for string and date manipulation
- New data types such as NUMBER, VARCHAR2, etc.
- Easier casting between data types
- Default parameter values and assignment of parameter values by name
- Boolean, cursor, row and array data type support in procedures
- ROWNUM and ROWID
- Better Python support for DB2
There will be a DB2 9.7 Overview webcast in the Chat with the Lab series on May 6, 11:30 AM EST. It's a great opportunity to ask questions and find out the technical nitty-gritty.
DB2 Express-C Team